FCT is looking for a part-time administrative assistant. It’s a 10 hour/week job for 9 months with the likelihood that it will be continued. Official posting follows.
FREEPORT CONSERVATION TRUST
Freeport Conservation Trust (FCT) is a volunteer-based, nonprofit organization with the mission to protect, preserve and connect open space lands, including forests, farmland, scenic vistas, wildlife habitat and shore land in Freeport, Maine. Currently staffed by a part-time Executive Director, FCT’s Board has decided to add a part-time administrative position. If the Board determines that this position is a benefit to FCT it will be continued, and it may evolve to include tasks related to fundraising and organizing volunteers.
Temporary (9-month) part-time (10 hours per week) position that supports the FCT Executive Director and Board of Trustees by managing office administrative activities and assisting with implementation of the Land Trust Standards and Practices.
The Executive Director will provide primary supervision. Board members may provide direction on specific projects and tasks.
Qualifications and Experience
FCT is seeking a highly motivated, self-starting, well-organized individual with the ability to work effectively with the Executive Director, members of the board, and the community at large.
Employee Attributes, Experience, and Credentials
• Well organized, meticulous with details
• Excellent verbal and writing skills
• Knowledge and familiarity with computer systems, including Word, Excel, QuickBooks or similar financial software
• Ability to convey positively the mission and programs of FCT
• Understanding of land conservation, community organizations and nonprofits
• Demonstrated history of flexibility, adaptability
• Associate or bachelor’s degree
• Experience in an administrative support role
• Experience in development a plus
• Experience working with or coordinating volunteers a plus
• Hours: 10 hours per week, flexible schedule
• Hourly rate: $12-$15 per hour, depending on experience
How to Apply:
• Cover letter, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 25
• Hiring subject to background check